About Mis-Sold Pension – Over the last 8 years, our finance enquiry team has assisted thousands of clients successfully recovering over £5m in compensation. We continually research to ensure we have the knowledge to provide the services our clients need.
Our experience and wealth of knowledge assists us in providing the best service we can. Starting a SIPP pension enquiry is easy and simple; just fill in our Enquiry Form to get started and we do the rest.
Why Choose Us
No Win No Fee!
Here at Mis-Sold Pension, we only operate on a no win no fee basis, so you have nothing to lose in making an enquiry.
With 8 years experience in the claims market and over £5million reclaimed, you can be sure you are dealing with the best in the buisiness.
What is a SIPP Pension – Pension Mis-Selling Explained
A Self-Invested Personal Pension, commonly known as a ‘SIPP’, is a form of pension available to all investors who choose to invest into a private pension.
The SIPP is a personal pension like any other, bound by the same rules. However, the SIPP does have one distinctive element: It allows the investor to self-invest, or to take control of the pension (which is why sometimes they are referred to as ‘self-controlled’ pensions).
Story of Mis-Sold Pensions
Pensions can be one of the most tax-efficient forms of long-term investment. The Self Invested Personal Pension also knows as a SIPP, is a personal pension scheme approved by the UK government. SIPPs act as ‘wrappers’ and allow investors to group multiple investments and products in order to grow their pension fund. They are designed for sophisticated investors.
The FCA rule book defines this as:
- Have you been a member of a business angel organisation?
- Have you had more than one investment in an unlisted company?
- Have you worked in the private equity sector?
- Have you been a director of a company with a turnover of £1m or more?
- Have you earned at least £100,000 a year or have £250,000 in assets, not including your home.
Were you in one of these categories? If not, you probably shouldn’t have a SIPP and may be able to start an enquiry.
Need help in starting your enquiry? Why Choose Us – Our team of professionals have extensive knowledge and experience in financial claims and have helped reclaim millions in compensation.
How do I know if I have been mis-sold a pension?
- Were you a sophisticated investor?
- Were the risks involved properly explained to you?
- Were your personal circumstances not properly considered by your financial advisor or unregulated broker?
- Were you of an age for the investment to be deemed unsuitable for you?
- Were you not properly advised on how your money would be invested?
- Were you were sold an investment that was riskier than your financial circumstances or attitude to risk required.
- Did your advisor provide you with adequate information on all the potential risks?
- Did your adviser promote the use of SIPPs for tax rather than pension benefits?
- Did your adviser not explain that HMRC could change the tax rules at any given time?
- Did your adviser not give completely clear advice and so was in breach of FCA rules?
- Did the adviser fail to take into account your health and medical issues or failed to ask?
- Were you not given the opportunity to shop around for the best deal?
- Were you sold a SIPP or poor returning annuity?
- Was the advice given differently to your risk profile? i.e. if your risk attitude was low, did you receive a high-risk SIPP and visa versa.
- Were you advised to unnecessarily transfer a pension?
- Is your pension worth little more or less than the contributions you paid into it?
- Were you sold a guaranteed investment plan/bond and although received your money back, you have lost years of interest?
The list above may provide an indication as to whether a pension may have been mis-sold. If you believe these statements apply to you, please submit an enquiry and we can assess your circumstances further, with the help of our specialist team including solicitors. If you have any further questions, you Contact Us or take a look at our FAQ’s.
We are currently advising on the following SIPP providers and investments
If you take a look below, you will notice that we have provided a list of SIPP pension providers and investments. This list consists of some of the more Common Investment Complaints where SIPP’s and investments are concerned.
- Capita Oak
- Henley Retirement
- Westminster Pension Scheme
- Berkeley Burke
- GO BMV
- Curtis Bank
- James Hay
- Store Pods
- Trafalgar Multi Asset Fund
- Harlequin Property SVG
- Green Energy
- Forestry Schemes
- Carbon Credit Schemes
- Elysian Fuels
- Resort Group
- Compass Investments
- Blue Infinitas
- Portfolio 6
- Airport Parking
- Foreign Property
- Bio Fuels
- Green Oil
- Best International
Enquiring is as Easy as 1,2,3
1 - We give you a call within 24Hrs
Start your pension enquiry by simply filling in your details using the form provided at the top of this page. We will then contact you by phone within 24Hrs to discuss your enquiry in more detail. It would be handy to have the name of your SIPP provider and investment fund to hand.
2 - We send you our enquiry pack.
Once we have your details about your pension enquiry, we will send you our pack. This is a very important document as it allows us to work on your behalf. Please take the time to read and understand the information before returning a signed copy back to us. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
3 - We start to work on your behalf.
Your enquiry is now in our hands, we will run and manage the process from here on in and will make sure you receive all the money that you may be owed. Rest assured that your details are safe with Mis-Sold Pension.
Disclaimer - Mis-Sold Pension provides marketing for Security & Wealth, who are regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities, We have the necessary authorisations to conduct claims on your behalf.